Tuesday 9 February 2010

I must apologise peeps...

...y'see I really hadn't intended to make you suffer yet another card with that paper on today (I've tried to make it up to you by using one of the new Sarah Kay images), but yesterday I stumbled across this challenge blog. I had to make this card!
Lemme explain...

One of the reasons I'm soooooo happy to be a part of Stampavie is the fact that as a child I loved Sarah Kay - I even had Sarah Kay wallpaper in my bedroom. And pink gingham curtains...See where I'm going with this? The Moving Along With the Times theme for this week is "Childhood Memories" and every day until 1988 I woke up to Sarah Kay and pink gingham (what happened in 1988 is another story**...)



So there's my childhood memory card - it makes me smile :D Thanks to all over at MAWTT for the fabby inspiration!

Hugs,


**Another story... 1988 was the year my brother got a Boglin. Anyone remember them? If not have a looksie here... Pretty vile lookin' yeah? Trust me, the reality of them was even worse - they were made of the most disgusting feeling slimy rubber you could ever imagine and had eyes that glowed in the dark. I can't even begin to describe the nastiness of them. The arrival of that Boglin into our family stopped Sarah Kay and pink gingham being the first thing I saw every morning...my brother found it utterly hilarious to place the evil creature on my pillow every night. Right in front of my face. So that when I woke up I was staring right into it's glowing-eyed, revolting face. Some of you know that nowadays I'm a troubled insomniac.
Is it any freakin' wonder?

19 comments:

Pretty-In-Ink said...

Poor you! I guess I should be grateful that I've only got a lil sis then, and didn't have any brothers with scary toys!
mind you........ I do remember being scared of my Giant teddy bear.......LOL!
LOVE your sweet Sarah Kay card!
Hugs
Nicola

Marcea said...

god I love you so much hunny, you are such a riot and make me giggle. I also grew up with Sarah Kay and had a very gorgeous duvet cover!!!! Ahhhh, happy days :o)
-x-

Kellie said...

Are you kidding me, give me more, more inspirations with this gorgeos paper! I love it, in fact I bought 3 sheets just for that side of it, lol! And I cut all my papers to 6x6 when they arrive, I find less waste, and so it looks like I have even more of it! Your card is just absolutely STUNNING, has the wee vintage feel, mixed with simple, elegance! I'm in love, do you need my address, hehe!
What a loving brother!? NOT. I have never heard of them before?
Hugs Kel xx

Sinikka said...

I think your card is so nice.....I can't say that about your brother. What an awfully thing to do.
The image is sweet and so beautiful coloured
Hugs Sinikka

Desire Fourie said...

This is delightful. Loving the colours and design. Wishing you a lovable Valentines.
Hugs
Desire

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous! And your coloring is so sweet!!

Sue said...

oooooh this card is beautiful,i love this SK image and you have coloured her beautifully,gorgoeus papers too:)

thanks for joining us at MAWTT:)

sue
xx

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card wonderful cute image and I love that gingham paper.
Were you lucky enough to have one loving brother or like me had 3!!!
luv
Debby

Jo Nevill said...

Ahhh I forgive you but you must have bought the entire stocks in the UK of that gingham paper !!!

I remember those nasty, horrible things too but just looking at my brother was just as bad first thing in the morning ! I totally understand !

Such a gorgeous card, could never get bored with your gorgeous creations Leann.

Hugs,

Jo xxx

Diane.W. said...

Gorgeous card & image,so soft & pretty!!!

Lol at the Boglin,I remember them,but didn't have to fear them as just me & my younger sis & we were both girly girls,LOL!!! :o)x

Annie said...

Hi Leann! your brother has a lot to answer!!!! your card and earlier memories are just adorable, I love Sarah Kay too, but unfortunately can't remember that she was part of my childhood - enid bliton seemed to play a big part, first noddy and the dreaded big ears (another story) and then the famous 5 - ah those were the days! and did I say I love your pretty card .. .. I do!
hugs, annie x

☼ Cheryl* said...

Do not apologise!!! I love the paper and the image is sooo nice!
I remember blogins LOL!!! I was only 1 in 1988 so i'm sure my older cousins must of had one for years after.

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Leanne.

Hugs Riet.xx

Hazel (Didos) said...

LOLOLOL. What an evil Bro you have!!!! I remember them soo well they were ugly wee monsters!!!
I love the card its amazing, I had Holly Hobbie bedding too. Loved it. Thanks for joining in with us on MAWTT, Hazelxo

craftyb said...

sooooooo pretty, so gorgeous so sweet....and as for that boglin....OMG! bx

Nannieflash said...

Oh Leann, thats a gorgeous and such a beautiful card. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxxxxxx

Kirsty said...

This card is lovey Leann, My childhood bedroon was Perot the crying black and white clown, until I discovered toys such as boglins lol then I had my Goth stage and I don't think i have ever really grown out of it lol

thread-bare said...

LOl!!! I am sorry for laughing. What a great story that goes with your fantastic card. Thank you for joining in with our challenge this week at MAWTT xx Clare x

Jennifer said...

Love that cute image, colors, rafia... Just too cute!!